SLJiraStats Bug: VWR-7078
|VWR-7078||Skinning: Enable Packaging and Resident customizations|
|Components: ||User Interface||https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Skinning#Skin_Packaging
- Facilitate packaging and distribution of skins
- enable external developers and residents to preserve changes across updates and distribute custom UI layouts
- Consider web based distribution / download of skins, enabling "live" updates
- Specify files that modify only (translations) or override completely (user customizations)
- Automated changelist generator for all releases
- Allow residents to package changes and easily distribute them for easy installation by other users
Alissa Sabre 2008-05-09 11:07:42-04I have a comment on the second item.
Introducing strings.xml is fine. However, we need a way to use different words per a panel on translation... English-only speakers sometimes are surprised to know the fact that "OK" on a button sometimes needs to be translated differently in panel-by-panel basis.
A feature such as "define a translation for OK once, then the translation replaces all occurences of the OK labels of all panels as adefault" is helpful. I'd say more than 90% of the "OK" buttons are fine with the standard translation. However, we definitly needs a way to specify some particular "OK" to be translated differently. For other words/phrases, the frequency of special translation may be larger.