SLJiraStats Bug: VWR-1885
|VWR-1885||Skinning: Phase 2 Switchable skins and Dynamic reloading of UI elements|
|Components: ||User Interface||Need to make it easier to customize the UI. Right now, many floaters only reload XUI upon viewer restart. Allowing all floaters to be reloaded through a debug action will make it so that you don't have to quit/restart the viewer to see changes.
- Allow switching of skins without restarting the client
- Make it easier to see the effects of XUI edits
- eg., Changing the language setting will reload all UI elements
- Dynamic Reloading of UI elements (Hot swapping):
- Color definitions
- LLUIImage should be able to swap texture assets on the fly
- Allow reloading of XUI file for live floaters and panels, including the menus and overlay bar
- Move different texture types into appropriate sub folders (OI Precache, etc) and use plaintext names
- Ensure all floaters can handle missing UI elements and will behave reasonably or refuse to open with an appropriate message
Celano Obscure 2008-04-10 07:53:57-04Nevermind.
McCabe Maxsted 2008-06-14 21:04:31-04God, I WISH! Right now, I use OpenSim then Aditi to test all my skin edits, but it'd be so so much easier to just be able to reload the XUI while logged in.